Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Alert

Dictionary.com defines "Alert" as:
a⋅lert 
1. fully aware and attentive; wide-awake; keen: an alert mind.
2. swift; agile; nimble.

1 Corinthians 16:13 (New International Version)
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

I know that I am not always as "wide awake" as I could be. I tend to be flaky, disorganized and stumbling through my day. The funny thing is, in my work life, I'm responsible for organizing a successful financial management practice. I have calendars and checklists and goal tracking sheets. But ask me when the last day of school is, or when Punky's next doctor appointment is and I'll have to dig through a pile of papers, check my email and wrack my brain for 6 days before I can give you an answer.

When it comes to my faith, I feel like every day I am waking up a little more. I learn more each day and I am striving to become a woman of courage, to be strong in my beliefs and the way I choose to live each day.

My challenge to myself is to become more alert in my personal life. Better organized, more "in the moment" with my girls and less distracted.

If you haven't seen the FlyLady's website- check her out. www.flylady.net She has great organizational tools for getting your house in shape as well as other areas of your life. I used to be an avid follower and when I was, my house looked much better and I felt better. So, back on the wagon I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment